Re: Moto-Clothing

I've got the First Gear overpants and the Kilamanjaro Jacket. I haven't used
them in serious rain yet, but reviews have been great. The pants look O.K. but
the memory foam they use for protection is pretty bulky. They come on & off real
quick-like and are very warm (layer 'em with some long johns and they are super
toasty).

The jacket is great. Tons of pockets, very warm even without the fleece insert.
With the fleece it's too warm except for the coldest days. The venting is good,
though you pretty much have to pull over to open or close. No flapping on either
piece though if you open all the vents on the jacket you gotta remember to open
the rear so as not to create the "sail effect".  Again-protection is via memory
foam which certainly ain't CE armor. My local leather guru said they'd probably
take one shot and need to be replaced. My only gripes were the price (on sale
for $300) and the velcro closure aroud the neck that constantly grips to my
helmet strap.

Brian W.

Vioscaltd@xxxxxxx on 09/20/99 08:27:57 PM

Please respond to ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx