Re: Sprint ST Turbo!

At 09:18 PM 09/17/1999 -0700, Justen Fauth wrote:
 >I was reading an article today in Supersport magazine reporting on a guy
 >that is producing Turbo chargers for Sprint ST's.

That would be Brian Olson of Turbo Connection (email at turbo595@xxxxxxx).
I got to ride his Turbo ST back during Bike Week. There is some info under
the Turbo ST link on the ST site.

 >The article claimed that a turbo charged ST has an increase of horsepower to
 >160bhp (slightly more than Suzuki's Hayabusa).  This allowes the Sprint to
 >go up to arround 199 mph.

Yes on the HP, but no on the speed (at least with stock gearing) - tops out
around 160mph

 >The unit costs 3000 pounds, I guess for Americans like myself it transfers
 >to a little over $4000 (the guy doing it lives here in America).

closer to $5,000US

 >Has anybody heard about these?  How do they affect the gas milage and other
 >performance?

Performance was awesome - if I had the money lying around, there would be
one on my ST without a doubt.

- - Eric