Re: Moto-Clothing

David, and those interested,
I have owned a Joe Rocket Balistic Jacket and pants now for over 1 year.  on
your concern over wind flapping, isn't much of a worry with or without the
removable armor.  It is very good in the rain, I have been in some pretty
heavy down pours with very little wettness creaping in, mostly the bicep
vents and a little sneeking down the front because I didn't close it entirly
up at the top.  But I am not impressed with the venting, they are very
difficult to open and close on the move.  The front vents in the biceps do a
great job of jamming alot of air into the jacket, then it doesn't go
anywhere, think stay-puffed marshmallow man:)  The back vents are a flap in
the back of the black shoulder patches.  The liner isn't full sleaves, just
a vest.  I noticed in a cold rain this year the fabric did transmit the
chill thru to my bare arms under the jacket.
There is a spine pad in the jacket, but it is part of the mesh liner and
would press down on my back when the arm vents are open, which didn't allow
any air to pass over my back.  The removable arm and shoulder armor is about
1/4 inch thick and seem designed well, they take a while to get broke in,
but that seems the way all good armor is now.
As for protection I haven't tested it that way, but a woman riding pillion
on a bike going to the Arkansas Rallye did go down in one and, as I
remember, it was said to have done it's job very well.  Heavily scuffed, but
no broken bones or torn thru to skin.
I have also pulled one of the snaps for the pocket out of the material on
the over flap.
I think we all are on the look out for a good all round set up, just haven't
found one yet.  I'd like to know if anyone has seen the back vents for Joe
Rockets Rihno jacket, it's real close to what I'm looking for, but no one
has one around here in St. Louis, MO.  I would like to use the Rihno Jacket
with the Balistic pants because they have been very good, their only fault
for me was I can't get them on over boots with the armor in, not quite
enough room.