[no subject]

Neil wrote:

 > Sorry to hear about the bike Shon. In the past I have gone so far as to
 >get a
 > sheet of course sand paper and put the bike up on the center, put it in
 >gear
 > and run it up while applying the sand paper to the rear to scuff it in.
 >Great
 > for getting those edges but not as fun as the standard method.

Sorry to disagree, but sanding the edges won't eliminate the problem. The
tire has to get through a few heat cycles to get rid of the mold release
compounds and volatiles. They cause the lack of traction, not the
"smoothness" of the tread. Ask a race shop if you want some confirmation.
Don't want a new rider to think that sanding will do the job and find
otherwise on the street.

Larry