Moto-Clothing

- --------------26B8CDCB049EFFDDA1E651D5

Aerostich products.  Go to the IBMWR list and ask them about Aerostich pr=
oducts and you'll get more than enough, couple of dozen atleast, posts ex=
tolling the virtues of their products.  I always wore leathers and carrie=
d a rain suit w/ me.  I didn't believe in those space suit products until=
 I watched my wife tumble/slide down the tarmac in front of me a few year=
s ago when she waxed out doing 70+.  We had just adopted our son and the =
first two thought in my head as I saw her come to a stop was, 1) I'm a si=
ngle father! and 2)My mother-in-law is going to kill me!  But she escaped=
 w/ no road rash any wear her suit was in contact w/ her body.  She had s=
ome on her knuckles, some on one wrist where she hadn't tightened the vel=
cro closure on the suit and that's it.  She had a broken collar bone from=
 crashing into the pavement and some bruises on her face where her helmet=
 pushed her glasses into her face.  I sent her two piece Roadcrafter suit=
 back and the jacket was deemed totaled by
Aerostich (this happens if it costs more than half of the price of a new =
jacket to replace), but they gave us a big discount on a new jacket and a=
ll they did to the pants is restitch the butt where the stitching was fra=
ed.  Not bad.  I then purchased a used Darien Aerostich jacket from the I=
BMWR marketplace and bought the Darien pants new from Aerostich.  I do us=
e Vanson perforated pants and a perfed jacket in the worst heat of summer=
, but when I go on a trip or most of the year I wear the Darien.  When it=
 gets dirty you just throw it into the washing machine.  I know there are=
 many other products that have similar virtues, but for me there is only =
one I'd trust my body to and that's Aerostich.  But unlike most riders I =
wear complete protective gear head to toe during any ride.  If your inter=
ested in an Aerostich suit, but can't afford a new one look at the IBMWR'=
s Marketplace:
 http://www.concentric.net/~mdnolan/market/
You can even get the new ads sent to you mail when they update them durin=
g the week.  I search through the sections I'm interested in and then del=
ete it.
David Tomlinson, Malakoff, TX
P.S.  If you have questions please email me privately if you wish.
'76 R90s mint and for sale
Hopefully a new sprint st in the near future
'73 R75/5 being restored

>         Comfort - and looks  not to baggy to much flappage!
>
> I'm surprised folks haven't mentioned the Aerostitch garments more. I
> ride as long as there isn't frozen stuff on the ground, and last year I=

> was doing a weekly 100-mile (each way) commute on my bike October thru
> December. My two-piece Darien was perfect for the task, although in
> retrospect I think I'd go for the one-piece suit since it's a little
> more form-fitting than my two-piece.

- --------------26B8CDCB049EFFDDA1E651D5

begin:vcard
n:;Regina or David Tomlinson