Re: Sprint ST Turbo!

Justen Fauth <justen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Thanks a lot for your info!  I think I remember reading that it uses 99
> octane gas.  What kind of gas mileage does a Turbo ST get?

It was also covered in the UK "Superbike" magazine (October 99). They
said that it ran on normal unleaded (whatever is recommended in the
US, our measuring systems are a bit different I think) at 6 psi boost,
and higher octane (super unleaded in the UK) for the 8 psi boost in
small doses, but using the high boost for extended periods needs an
octane booster (just in case 142bhp isn't enough for you).

There's a dyno chart in this article. The torque 'curve' on the stock
ST is pretty much flat (with a wiggly bit between 3k and 5k). That on
the turbo one starts out about the same as stock at 3750, then rockets
up and flattens out about 5500. At the magic number of revs where
power = torque (bhp / ft lbs), the stock bike is making about 65,
while the turbo (full boost) is making 95.

- --
Mike Fleming