From: Eric Sheley [mailto:eric@xxxxxxxxxx]
Subject: Re: Heat Shield

I am aware that there are two different heat shields being used, but
neither that I am aware of was a covered soft foam. Which of the two that
you have seen was thicker (original or replacement)? Some of the early
bikes had a thicker quilted shield which was aluminum on top of a
fiberglass pad and was around 8-9mm thick. The newer bikes have a thin foil
and adhesive shield that is only about 1-2 mm thick. If you order a
replacement shield right now, you should only receive the newer (not
quilted) thin shield.

Do you have something different?
- - Eric

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF05E4.8BB05FDC

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>RE: Heat Shield</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Now the original is gone, so I have to rely on my =
feeble memory. But, as I recall, the original was an extremely thin =
piece of aluminum foil glued to the same type of foam that is used =
elsewhere in the other fairing parts. The replacement is a quilted =
looking bit of aluminum, I would guess about 1/8&quot; thick. I haven't =
had it off to really examine it closely.</FONT></P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Eric Sheley [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:eric@xxxxxxxxxx";>mailto:eric@xxxxxxxxxx</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Re: Heat Shield</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am aware that there are two different heat shields =
being used, but </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>neither that I am aware of was a covered soft foam. =
Which of the two that </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>you have seen was thicker (original or replacement)? =
Some of the early </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>bikes had a thicker quilted shield which was =
aluminum on top of a </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>fiberglass pad and was around 8-9mm thick. The newer =
bikes have a thin foil </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>and adhesive shield that is only about 1-2 mm thick. =
If you order a </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>replacement shield right now, you should only =
receive the newer (not </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>quilted) thin shield.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Do you have something different?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>- Eric</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>