Ooops!

     My Turn!

     Yesterday evening on my way home for work, I turned down a small side
     street where the traffic on the other side of the road was backed up
     behind a truck. Just as I made the turn a young mother pushed her pram
     out from behind the truck straight into my path. I managed to stop but
     being cranked over for the turn and on an uphill the bike started to
     tip (ever so slowly) onto its' right side. Doooohhh! All I could do
     was lay it down as gently as possible.

     Damage was an amazingly lightly scratched right hand pannier, bent
     front brake lever and badly scuffed right side fairing lower.

     I managed to polish out the scratches on the pannier using T-cut and
     Colour Magic. The brake lever and sticker are on order. I already have
     my Givi box and rear hugger booked in with the painters to be sprayed
     to match the bike so I'm going to give him a shot at respraying the
     fairing at the same time. The fairing was already lightly scratched on
     that panel where my uncle had let it fall onto his gravel driveway so
     that softens the sting a little.

     Invincashield would have saved the pannier and possibly the fairing
     from damage. Sadly I have some 'second skin' in the garage that I
     hadn't got around to fitting yet. Guess what I'll be doing this
     weekend.

     Lance,
     Neat job on the mudguard. You now have the best looking rear on the
     list! :) I was going to do a similar job on my own bike but once I
     fitted the luggage I decided not to bother. It was never going to look
     sleek with all that mounting hardware back there.

     Martin
     Dublin, Ireland