RE: noise from fuel pump running

This has also just started on my cycle as well.  For the first five months,
the fuel pump would shut off after a minute or two (tops).  Then one day
about three weeks ago it took five minutes to shut off.  Over the course of
the following week, the interval between engine start-up and fuel pump
shut-off increased to over 30 minutes.  Now, it's like anywhere from 30-45
minutes.  I asked my dealer about this last weekend.  The Svc Mgr said
Trunpets have a rep for noisy fuel pumps and thought that the squeal would
eventually "go away".  I decided to give it two weeks before I submitted it
as a possible warranty issue.  If I'm still squealing next weekend, it's
back to the shop.  I ride in some pretty isolated places (and loath cell
phones) and am a little nervous about getting caught with a dead bike out in
the middle of nowhere.

Bruce McCurdy
'99 Black Sprint ST
www.1StopTools.com