corbin saddles

Paul, as I'm sure you have long ago figured out, this seat deal is hard to
pin down from other's opinions; what's good for one, may not work for
another.  I am one of those that puts a new Corbin on everything.  I know
that they are expensive, and that the quality control is occasionally
suspect, as I have had to send 3 of my last 4 back for one reason or
another.  Each time, the second one came back really well made.  Seems like
it would save them money to just get it right the first time!  Anyway, what
I like about them is that they give you a sort of pocket to sit in instead
of on, and I feel like I'm more a part of the bike than on the stock seats.
I have a Dual Canyon saddle on my 98 Tiger, and dearly love it.  For me, the
padding is not too hard, as I get more uncomfortable on a saddle that is too
soft than I do on one that is too hard. Another really big gain on the DC
was the pillion comfort.  My wife hated the standard saddle, also feeling
that the forward cant was very uncomfortable (I think the Tiger was worse
than the ST).  She is very pleased with the Corbin, and like me, does not
feel that it is too hard.  Again, remember that this is on a Tiger, and the
ST saddle may be different.  I will say though, that the ST saddle is the
first saddle that I have been tempted to NOT replace.  However, I will
probably get the Corbin when they get it made.  BTW, they also told me the
same story on mid November for both the ST and the 2000 Tiger.  At least
they are consistent in their stories.  Anyway, my $.02.