The infamous ignition cable tie

For all you new readers out there...

I met a chap with a brand new Sprint ST at the weekend (black of course, so
tasteful!) and spotted that his new bike still had the infamous cable tie
fitted.  His bike was brand new, build date was May 99, so there are
obviously still bikes coming out of dealers with the problem.  If you
haven't seen the previous correspondence:

Look at the black cable loom coming out of the bottom of the ignition
switch.  If it loops back up and is held under the black ignition switch
mounting bracket with a cable tie, it can chafe on the sharp edge of the
bracket and cause a short-circuit.  Just remove the cable tie and let it
hang free, or fix it to the clutch cable further down.

Triumph dealers obviously know about this, as I had rearranged my ignition
cable but they rearranged it again when my bike was in their workshop last
time.  They really ought to fix it during pre-delivery checks.

Neil