Triumph Demo Rides

Paul, sorry you didn't get to ride the Daytona or the 2000 Blue ST.  The
only thing I can think of as to why is that perhaps they were having
problems with them.  The Daytona was a blast!  I do know that the
Daytona had developed a slight oil leak while in Park City--from what I
understand, they don't run in these demo bikes on the normal break in
schedule, so they get the #*@(# ragged out of them. In Park City, the
leak was not so bad that people couldn't ride it, but it may have gotten
that way and they could have been waiting for parts to fix it. I don't
know what was going on with the blue ST.  Still, it would have been to
their benefit to let you know what was going on.  Communication is too
good these days for them to get away with much....

I agree that the T-bird is not for me at this particular point in time,
but if I ever want a cruiser, I'll be looking at it first.  The Speed
Triple would not be confortable for any length of time, but the brakes
on it are splendid (and they are better than the STs).

The Triumph Truck will be at Eurosport in Dallas in a few weeks, I
believe.  We'll see what they tell those guys.  BTW, if any of you guys
and gals in Dallas/Ft. Worth meet a gentleman that introduces himself as
the driver of the Triumph truck and gives you the speech about no
stoppies, wheelies, or passing the lead rider (at least this is what he
did in Park City) before you take the demo rides, ask him if he
remembers the Whites from Park City Bike Week.  He had glasses, and was
the only one working the truck at that time that did (though they
probably will have different volunteers in Dallas).  We talked with him
a bit (though I can't remember his name to save my life), and he had to
reschedule us as the time we were to take out the Speed Triple and the
T-bird, the Speed Triple had run out of gas on the side of the road....
We also helped answer quite a few questions about the ST when we were
hanging around the truck.

Let us know more about the Riot when you get a chance.

Lisa White
Houston, TX
1999 Red Sprint ST