Re: RE: noise from fuel pump running

I talked to a Triumph guru at a dealership over the weekend about the "squealing noise" coming from the fuel pump.  He said that the pump makes this noise when purging air from the fuel system.  He said that this happens when the bikes sit around for extended time.  I noticed that mine behaves like this, but it does not have to sit for too long for the pump to squeal on startup!  However it does squeal longer if the bike sits for more than a couple of days.  I wonder why air gets into the system so easily?...and it cannot be good for the pump to be running dry, if this is the case?