Re: Ignition key cover

thanks for the tip
though, frankly, I wouldn't know a "Cap plug C-19"  if it hit me
between the eyes.
Can you eludicate? Do you get them free in cornflakes boxes?

Also, a friend of mine reckons on further deliberation that the
fact that the little red plastic flap no longer comes out to
cover the lock tree doesn't matter, as he claims it cannot short
due to the ingress of water - after all, if that were the case,
he says, you'd get rain in at other times - like driving in a
thunderstorm etc. Maybe he has a point. He also tried to explain
to me the inner workings of the ignition, but I'd rather not try
and regurgitate his arguments in case I get laughed at.
I think the point was that the mechanism that surrounds the
ignition key isn't live, so adding water doesn't create a recipe
for short-circuiting.

My problem now is keeping the thing well lubricated, as the
ageing barmaid said to the bishop, because the key that
originally snapped off in the lock has obviously caused the
whole mechanism to stiffen and even now I have to insert and
remove the key very gingerly without twisting, or the same thing
is obviously going to happen again.
I have WB40, but someone recommended a silicone-based spray -
only problem is they come in 2 foot tall aerosols and cost £6.
Does anyone know of anything smaller?

Tim

ver the ignition switch
> after removing the key. It's just the right size to slip
tightly over
> the entire switch assembly and thin enough to squeeze between
the top
> fork tree and switch. Sure keeps the water out of the
assembly. Might