Re: Turbo Article

At 09:42 AM 09/27/1999 -0700, Justen Fauth wrote:
 >I would really enjoy the excitment of a Turbo charged engine,  but
 >what is the gas mileage of a Turbo ST?  Sorry for any repition (I have
 >posted this question before), but I am still curious if anybody has any
 >info on this. One of the things that attracted me to the ST is the good
 >gas mileage.
 >Same with the race pipes.  How do they affect the gas mileage?  Any body
 >got any specs or know where I could find some?

Justen, I forwarded your answer to Brian Olson for comment. Hopefully we'll
hear something in the next few days, but I know right now he is in the
middle of doing a 200hp big twin and its been quite the project.

I know the race pipe tune dumps more fuel down the system, so they just by
nature of the tune will get a lower average mpg, but if I remember the old
emails correctly the gas mileage was still good. The turbo should only
cause a change when running on boost, but I'll let Brian comment on that.

- - Eric