Re: Radar Detector Mounting

Erik,

I mounted my Escort Solo right on the map window of my Triumph Tankbag using
3M Hook and Loop Tape (it's like Velcro).  After cleaning the surfaces with
IPA, just cover the bottom of your unit with hook and apply a similar patch
of the loop to the map window and it works great.  Stays on fine and sees
right out the front of the bike.  I had mine with an earphone plugged into my
Autocom and ran the cords right between my legs under the seat.  Was also
very easy to plug a standard earphone directly ito the unit and use when I
wasn't using the Autocom.

Since my Solo was catapulted off the mountain during my crash, I am seriously
considering the Valentine One.  Powering off the tail light power like with
my Autocom shouldn't be a problem (I uses a 3M gizmo so I don't have to cut
any wires), but the Valentine's audio jacks come on a seperate adapter unit
and the application for the earphone looks a bit more involved, but not
prohibitive.  Hope that helps.

My only concern is that the Black Widow I want exhaust is going to take all
my underseat Autocom space.  Tough choice.

Rick Paukert
Houston, TX
'99 Red Sprint ST (R.I.P)
'00 Blue Sprint ST (as soon as I can walk)
3M Sales Rep