Mounting a Radar Detector questions

Erik-

I run a Valentine 1 on my Sprint, but carry it out of sight in my
tank bag. It does reduce the functionality of the unit somewhat,
but I'm hoping to figure a sanitary mount for a remote display
unit over the winter. I've also found that it's necessary to run the
helmet speakers out of the auxiliary speaker jack, not the
headphone jack. The volume out of the headphone jack is
overwhelmed by helmet noise at about 85 or so. I checked with
both Valentine and with the speaker manufacturer to make sure
the impedance match was okay. As long as the impedance is
less than 32 ohm, the Valentine will handle it.

Harl