Re: New Thread? Bike/Bike Comm's

Richard,

I bought a J&M system 10 years ago for my Kawasaki Concours.  There is no
doubt that J&M is expensive, but in the 10+ years that I have had the system
it has never failed me.  I also knew that with its reliability I would be
taking it from bike to bike.  When I purchased the ST I transfered the J&M
to the Sprint and it continues to work flawlessly.  The main control box
sits in the back corner of the small storage area under the seat.  Granted I
had to be more creative with routing the wiring and some of the additional
parts, but its great.  My connector sits on top of the ST accessory plug,
and I ran Teri's connector right out the back directly to the left of the
tail light (very inconspicuous).   I also have the radar detecor override
unit as part of the set up and run my Valentine through it --- its perfect;
Teri can be talking and when the Valentine lights up the J&M patches it
right to my left ear plug.  Their sound acitvated, noise cancelling
technology is great, and even with earplugs (I didn't wear them with the
large fairing and dead wind behind the Concours fairing) she and I can carry
on a great conversation even up in the 80mph range.

Now after all of that babbling, I just realized that you and Lisa are on
separate bikes --- I'd still contact J&M and ask them about their bike to
bike communication systems.  I have always been satisfied the with quality
and perfomance of their products, even if I had to swallow hard to come up
with the cash (I figure that 10+ years without a single problem and the
system has paid for itself--- especially because I don't have to 'listen'
for the radar detector).

Hope that helps,

Lance