        From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf =
Of David Ziring
        Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 5:41 PM
        To: st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Sadness and pain
       =20
        I was on the losing team in an ST vs. SUV wrestling match this =
morning.  I was driving down highway 101 from San Francisco on my way to =
work when a woman in the lane to my right decided that she wanted to be =
in my lane.  She also decided that she wanted to be right in the space =
that I was occupying.  I hit the left side of her car, shearing off her =
mirror and throwing me off the bike into the lane.  After some creative =
cartwheels and flips I found myself laying on my back in what would have =
been the fast lane of traffic if people hadn't all hit their brakes. =20
       =20
        I came out of the accident pretty healthy.  My right shoulder =
and elbow are throbbing from where I hit her, and my left hip, knee and =
ankle are not being very cooperative about supporting weight; I think =
that's where I hit the ground first.  But hey, the X-ray showed that I =
didn't break anything in my elbow and the real pain won't set in until =
tomorrow. =20
       =20
        The ST (Less than a month old.  Very depressing) did not fare so =
well.  Almost every piece of plastic is shattered, cracked or badly =
scuffed, the left side controls are all either still on the ground in =
San Mateo or mangled and hanging off the bike.  The tow truck operator =
said the forks were bent too, and the tail looked like it was no longer =
parallel to the rear tire.
       =20
        *grumble*  *wince*
       =20
        The police said that the woman admitted that she didn't see me =
and that unless the witness has a totally different story that she was =
probably at fault.  I'll keep you all informed about what happens with =
insurance.
       =20
        Shoot me now.
       =20
        David

- ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BF9B6F.A2533360

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 =
Transitional//EN">
<STYLE></STYLE>

</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>Martin=20
Retherford<BR></FONT>David,</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
S<FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>imilar thing happened to me.&nbsp; We =
al&nbsp;=20
need to be more sensitive to these special car moves.&nbsp; Get yourself =
a=20
lawyer.&nbsp; </FONT></FONT><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Mine happend=20
just over a month ago and I am just now able to put weight on my right =
knee=20
without too much pain.&nbsp; Nothing broken other than a dislocated =
thumb but=20
will going in for the MRI in the next couple of weeks.&nbsp; In the =
interim I am=20
under house arrest or so it feels like since I am not supposed to walk, =
drive or=20
otherwise exist until my knee is all better.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The =
appraiser from=20
the other guy's insurance will be down to appraise the bike next =
Tuesday.&nbsp;=20
If all checks out in another week I will have the bike.&nbsp; A lot of =
good that=20
will do as I can't ride the SOB.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In =
case anybody=20
can't tell I am more than a little bit irritated with this whole =
thing.&nbsp; I=20
am not in OCS or work because of this and what's worse, I feel like I am =
under=20
house arrest because a guy didn't use his mirror before changing=20
lanes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial size=3D2>Rant=20
OFF!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Get well soon brother and in the =
interim get some=20
Darvaset(sp) or Vicodin(sp)!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Martin &quot;Broke Dawg&quot;=20
Retherford</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: =
5px">
    <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
        <DIV align=3Dleft class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir =3D ltr><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
        size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx=20
        [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]<B>On Behalf Of </B>David=20
        Ziring<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, March 31, 2000 5:41 =
PM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
        st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx<BR><B>Subject:</B> Sadness and=20
        pain<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
        <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>I was on the losing =
team in an ST=20
        vs. SUV wrestling match this morning.&nbsp; I was driving down =
highway=20
        101 from San Francisco on my way to work when a woman in the =
lane to my=20
        right decided that she wanted to be in my lane.&nbsp; She also =
decided=20
        that she wanted to be right in the space that I was =
occupying.&nbsp; I=20
        hit the left side of her car, shearing off her mirror and =
throwing me=20
        off the bike into the lane.&nbsp; After some creative cartwheels =
and=20
        flips I found myself laying on my back in what would have been =
the fast=20
        lane of traffic if people hadn't all hit their brakes.&nbsp;=20
        </FONT></DIV>
        <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>I came out of the =
accident pretty=20
        healthy.&nbsp; My right shoulder and elbow are throbbing from =
where I=20
        hit her, and my left hip, knee and ankle are not being very =
cooperative=20
        about supporting weight; I think that's where I hit the ground=20
        first.&nbsp; But hey, the X-ray showed that I didn't break =
anything in=20
        my elbow and the real pain won't set in until =
to</FONT>morrow.&nbsp;=20
        </DIV>
        <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>The ST (Less than a =
month=20
        old.&nbsp; Very depressing) did not fare so well.&nbsp; Almost =
every=20
        piece of plastic is shattered, cracked or badly scuffed, the =
left side=20
        controls are all either still on the ground in San Mateo or =
mangled and=20
        hanging off the bike.&nbsp; The tow truck operator said the =
forks were=20
        bent too, and the tail looked like it was no longer parallel to =
the rear=20
        tire.</FONT></DIV>
        <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>*grumble*&nbsp;=20
*wince*</FONT></DIV>
        <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>The police said that =
the woman=20
        admitted that she didn't see me and that unless the witness has =
a=20
        totally different story that she was probably at fault.&nbsp; =
I'll keep=20
        you all informed about what happens with insurance.</FONT></DIV>
        <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>Shoot me =
now.</FONT></DIV>
        <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New"=20
size=3D2>David</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BF9B6F.A2533360--