RE: Sadness and pain

>>Shoot me now.

Wow, I hate these stories because the perpetrators of these accidents are so
damm unrepentant; every state should require a section on how to avoid
crashing into motorcycles as part of driver ed. I really hope you recover
soon.

I had a similar experience three years ago while living in the Bay Area.  I
was in the right lane preparing to exit from the highway onto the San Mateo
bridge while commuting to work, when a fellow in the left lane decided to
try to make the exit at the last minute.  He preceded to move over at high
speed and ran into me in the process.

I too tumbled and tossed, severely dislocating my shoulder (I did get to
keep the really cool permanent bump on my shoulder, which my kids love to
play with it).  I also broke four bones in my foot and did $5K of damage to
my 96 Thunderbird in the process.

The good news was that it was his fault, the cops and the insurance company
treated me well all things considered (still too pissed to comment on Kaiser
health care though, since it took them three visits to realize I had four
broken bones in my foot and not just a sore toe).

The Bay area is notorious for crazy drivers on 680/580/101 etc. I learned a
lot from that experience, and as a result now drive much more defensively
(...going to live forever, or die trying).

Jay