Re: Pain and Suffering continued

At 11:30 AM 4/1/00 -0800, Matt Knowles wrote:
>I usually try to stay over on the left side until such point as I actually
>start lane splitting, and I wait until both lanes are dense enough that
>only a really stupid driver would try to make a lane change. I feel much

The problem I have found with staying on the left in heavy traffic is the
impatient drivers (in right hand, slower lanes) that are in a big hurry to
get out from behind a slowpoke in front of them. As they watch the fast
lane for an opening to pull out, they see what they assume is a break in
traffic, while actually it is me in the left part of the lane. As the car
in front of me passes their front bumper, they begin to pull in...... I
have had this happen with (alarming) regularity on I4 heading to work.
There is a car in front of you, one behind you, no road to the left and a
car pulling in from the right - not a good spot to be in ......

By staying to the right, they can see that there is actually a vehicle
there and I see fewer problems.....

- - Eric