RE: Bike-to-bike communications

At 10:54 AM 4/3/00 -0400, Gaske David G DLVA wrote:
>Do hand signals count?  I will be using the pointing finger (index) for
>things like double wide trailers, The letter "M" for McDonalds, and middle
>finger for cars in my lane!!!  If others have better communication ideas,
>let me know.

I've developed a system that works really well.

I use a variety of hand signals for those behind, and that has never been a
big deal. The problem always comes when I attempt to contact the rider  in
front of me. I now carry a small co2 powered pellet gun. The nice thing is
that you can shoot someone without actually killing them (a big problem
with my earlier version of this system where I used a 9mm instead....).

Here is the quick reference.

=> A shot to your head indicates stupidity - You did something really
wrong, you have failed to heed a warning, you missed a turn etc. When shot
in the head you must allow me to pass.

=> A shot to either leg - means I need you to turn at the next intersection
/ road / etc..... left leg = left turn / right leg = right turn

=> A shot to either arm - means you left your blinker running for the last
5 miles and I am tired of watching it......

=> A shot in the arse - means you are riding too slow - pick it up or risk
a shot to the back of the head.......

Don't worry about trying to remember them now - I will be sure to brief
everyone at the Rallye......

- - Eric