Low Oil Temperature

Dear STrideRS,

First of all I´d like to say thank you for all your suggestions and comments
concerning the condensation problem in the headlights of my new RS. I will
ask the dealer to fix the problem when the 500 miles service is due.

And here´s my next question:

Has anybody installed an oil temperature gauge/indication on his ST/RS?
Which oil temperatures do you normally experience? I´m asking because I´ve
measured the oil temperature with an RR-Precision-Oil-Thermometer about 30
seconds after switching off the engine. I had been riding for about 1,5
hours before and the oil temperature was only 64 degr. C = about 147 degr.
F. This is far too low!! The outside air temperature was about 10 degr. C =
54 degr. F, so it was not extremely cold (note even cold for April in
Bavaria ;-)). As far as I´m aware the normal operating range of all
motoroils starts with about 80 degr. C =  176 degr. F, so the engine was
running all the time with the motoroil temperature below the normal
operating range. I guess that the oil cooler (which I believe is not
controlled by a thermostate) is oversized for the normal day to day riding -
or even not required at all. It might be OK for occasions where it´s
warm/hot and you push the bike very hard, but besides that the oil
temperature is obviously just staying to low. Has anybody noticed the same?
Is anybody covering the oil cooler for normal riding?

Thank you!

Thomas