Re: New post and potential buyer

todd brockmeyer wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm sure you get this all the time so I apologize in
> advance.  Please ignore and delete if this type of
> post occurs frequently.
>
> I am very close to buying a 2000 ST, but would like
> some more convincing.  I am looking at the ST vs. a
> BMW R1100RT, K1200RS, and the Duc ST2/4.
>
> Talking to my local dealer (MCC in Villa Park IL) the
> ST looks very close to what I am looking for.  I have
> yet to test ride one, but the shop only has a RS as a
> demo.  What are the main differences between the two?
> Should I expect a similar ride between the two?
>
> Being 6'0" tall I am somewhat concerned about the the
> riding position.  Anyone about my size have any input
> on this.  My goal is to be able to spend a good time
> on the bike without the pains .

Gidday Todd,
                    I'm 5'11'' and find the ST to feel perfect. Its one of those
bikes where the maker just got it right. People say the same thing if their 5'5''
or 6'3''. Before I chose the ST I gave the RS a try, again another great bike but
I prefered the slightly higher bars on the ST. I think it depends on your riding
style. Also the RS is a bit lighter, and I found it makes you want to throw it
around more. Either one Todd, I know you will be happy.

Greg Clark & y2kblue
Aust.