attn: Thomas Fuel Leak

Thomas,
    Have not fixed it yet.  I called the dealer and they told em to make
sure the "black plastic canister on the hoe leaving the fuel tank is
perfectly vertical."  I have checked it and it is.  As for the mounting of
fuel pump.  I do not like the gap that is there, and the mechanic said it
was OK,  do not believe this to be my problem.  I am looking for the source
of fuel vapors and not a leak persay.  If the fuel pump mounting were loose
I think I would have a physical leak.   I parked it in the garage last night
and could not smell anything this morning so maybe it was the "black plastic
canister."  I will continue to monitor it and if/when it reoccurs I will try
and track the problem back down.

	On a different note:  I finally rolled 1000 miles and this bike is
even more of a hoot.  There is a small hill on my way to work, on my
previous motorcycle ('91 Katana 600) it took serious clutch and throttle to
levitate the front end after crossing it.  This morning a burp of the
throttle and the front end was up.  Not to high mind you, but up never the
less.  It accelerates and stops and steers wonderfully.