Honda vs BMW dealer #'s

Blake wrote;
<<
Wow -- sounds like quite a trip! In three years, though, the motorcycle
scene might have some new players in it. I'm thinking especially of the
Honda X-Wing. However, based on the bikes out there right now, I'd say
I'd go with a BMW K1200LT. Big, fast, plush, and there are plenty of BMW
bike dealers (just like with Honda), so you won't have a problem getting
it serviced as you travel.

Uh, being a former Bemerphile I gotta disagree with "plenty of BMW bike
dealers", especially versus Honda.  Here's a few good examples, Missouri, 2
BMW dealers, St. Louis and Kansas City.  Iowa, 1 BMW dealer, Iowa City.  I
once rode from south of 4 corners(AZ, NM, UT, CO) to Denver on a /5 with a
nearly stripped throttle gear.  Denver was the closest dealer!  Now the
Bem-opatamus(K12RT) does seem to be winning luxo-tourer hearts, but I can't
see it being that useful to me.  How serious can you be about a bike that
loses atleast 1/3 of it's saddlebag room to a damn multidisk CD changer!
Maybe I'm being a purist but I would rather listen to the bike and the road,
thru earplugs, than be bothered by shuffling thru my jukebox selection.

"cours' that's just my opinion, I could be wrong"
Rant mode off, and headed out the door in the hopes this weekend is dry in
St. Louis.

- -Steve "Dirty Dawg"