Re: free play in rear wheel

Jim Huber wrote:

> I had convinced myself this weekend that I might be
> bottoming out the rear suspension in turns even though opening the throttle in
> turns should be helping to bring the suspension up.

Actually, opening the throttle while turning will shift the weight
rearward, causing the rear suspension to compress and lighten
(uncompress) the front. It will also widen your line around the corner
- -- a handy trick if you find you're cutting the apex too closely. It's
usually best to maintain a neutral throttle through the turn until the
bike's pointed where you want to go next. At that point you can stand
the bike up and roll on the throttle.

(At least, this is my understanding of Fast Freddie Spencer's
technique... :-)

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting