Re: Platypus/Battery

In a message dated 4/12/00 11:56:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> OK, I answered my own question.  Go to http://www.cascadedesigns.com
>
>  They do have backpack versions, vest versions too, but the "Hoser" model
>  looks like what you might be using in your tankbag.
>
>  I think I'll save the link and think about Camelbak vs. Platypus.

I have a couple of different sizes, which is nice to interchange short vs
long trips but would just buy the larger and fill as needed.  Unless space is
limited. They have a lifetime warranty on leaking and do not add a plastic
taste to H20, as mentioned. They are the Platypus brand and were purchased at
REI. One other item some jackets, mine included, have pockets designed for
these to fit in and loops for the hose to fit through, the bite valve ends up
in the front pocket and can be accessed without opening the jacket. Very
handy. First Gear.
Battery, This might not make you feel better but my battery is going on 1yr.
Never had a problem. Never put on a tender.  Never start the bike just to
drain the battery. Leave weeks on end.  Just go put the key in crank and
trott off.

David "Bird Dawg" Viosca
99 st (stealthy one)
"keep your nose to the wind"