Re: fuel leak (and dead batteries)

Matt:

Based on their size, bike batteries don't wear so well.  If you live in
a hot or cold climate it discharges even faster when the ambient
temperature is warm; and when it's cold it doesn't have enough amps when
its cold.  What confusion. ;-)  Add to that mix - that the charging
systems of motorcycles are less than perfect.  Battery discharge is a
big problem.

As for PITA quotient of the BT - if you have a garage then a BT is
brainless.  Simply attach the "hard wire" cord to the battery terminals,
zip tie the connection against the rear frame underneath your plastic.
After each ride, pop the bike up on the centerstand, connect the quick
connect cord - done. I'm sure it IS harder, however, if your storage is
outside.

Robb
Robb@xxxxxxxxxxx