Re: Gatorade vs H20

<<
 >  Marc
 I would like to see this research. I have read just the opposite, that all
 you body really needs is H20 which is sweatted out and that all these other
 additives are unnecessary unless you like the taste. This assumed that your
 were getting the proper nutrition eating the right meals etc.. It even
 suggested that these drinks could slow the absorption process. David "Bird
Dawg" Viosca >>

Relying on  glucose/mineral drinks whilst on a long ride will cause sudden
peaks and troughs in your blood glucose which might compromise your safety,
and in itself can cause sudden sweats, unless you back it up with plenty of
plain water.  If you feel queasy, flat lemonade is the best quick solution
but you don't need large amounts.  Like you say, slow absorption means plenty
of gas!!! could be a bit uncomfortable! <grin>Ann, 'combrogi' dawg,
pen-ddraig sprint st, Kent, Britain.