Re: Fuel tank mystery

>   I have finally yanked the tank off the bike to try and discover where my
>leak is coming from.  If you are sitting on the bike.. On the left rear of
>the tank there is a small gold square with a round black circle in the
>middle of it and two leads coming out of it.  What is this?

I would imagine that is the fuel sender. I hate to say it but I think
Triumph traded an inaccurate fuel gauge for one that leaks. Personally, I
would take the former, but I can't understand why they are having so much
trouble with the fuel sender. Since it took them almost a year to redesign
it, you'ld think they would have all the problems ironed out by now.

I mentioned my leak a few weeks ago, and I stress again, if you smell
fumes, get it back to the dealer pronto. Mine went from smelling one day to
the next day it had poured a nice puddle of fuel all over my garage floor.
Fortunately I have a detached garage with good ventilation. Unfortunately,
it meant trailering the bike back to the dealer at that point. The service
tech said that when he lifted the tank he could see the trickle of gas
coming out right where the wires exit, so it sounds like whatever epoxy or
sealant they used being dissolved by the gas.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com