Re: Laptop on an ST

>What's the best way to carry a laptop long distances?  Would it be
>better off in the panniers or the topbox?

If your laptop doesn't park the disk drive head, I would say it would be
better in the panniers. But since most if not all laptop drives these days
do park the heads, it probably doesn't matter. Just make sure you do a full
shutdown, don't just put it to sleep.

Personally, I use  the trunk.

1. With my carrying case, it fits better.

2. I'd rather spread the force of bumps over the entire bottom of the
laptop than just one edge. The carrying case also has more padding for the
top and bottom than around the edges.

3. I usually put the helmet in the top case upon arrival, so out comes the
laptop, in goes the helmet.

4. Let's hope you don't have to try to prove this, but there's a greater
chance in a crash that the bike will land on a pannier than the trunk.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com