Re: California BMW Triumph experiences?

CalBMW is god.  Look at their shop when you get here, and you'll
understand... you could eat off of any surface in the shop.

My favorite story... about two days after I bought the Sprint, I
noticed that the low beams had stopped working.  So I called down to
ask if there was something that I could be doing that was pilot
error.  They said no, and to bring it in.

About two days later I rode in, and somebody came striding across the
lot to meet me.  "Are you Patti?"  I replied i the affirmative.  "I'm
Kari, one of the owners.  We're really sorry about the problem that
you're having with the bike, and on behalf of the shop and Triumph,
I'd like to apologize.  We'll get it fixed for you right away."

Now I'll grant you, they probably don't sell hundreds of Sprints
to women, and even fewer of those come back with nonfunctioning
headlights, but I was highly impressed by the fact that the shop owner
not only knew about the problem, but he also knew my name.

They spent the next hour ripping the bike apart, and isolated the
problem to a broken wire in the main wiring harness, at which point
they put in a wire tie as a temporary fix, and ordered the part.  When
I took the bike in for 500-mile service, they replaced the harness,
and I've had no problems since.

They're probably a little more expensive than other shops, but I don't
know for sure.  I don't really care.  I can walk to Munroe Motors in
San Francisco from both my house and my office, and I didn't even
consider dealing with them... I'd rather ride 40 miles to CalBMW.

Call the service department (their number is on the website at
www.calbmwtriumph.com), and talk to them.

- -Patti