Re: Dead Battery (continued)

In a message dated 19/04/00  00:11:47, you write:

<<
 Anyone else have a similar problem? I know there have been a few reports of
 suddenly dead batteries, but I think most of them were reported to be
 defective batteries.

After a very long journey, my battery was dead on restarting, after stopping
for a few minutes.  I had to bump start it and rode home in trepidation.  All
I could think of was that the fan came on and didn't switch off which drained
the battery.  The shop thought it was because there was a duff gel cell, it
had thrown out the computer for some time, caused the fan to stay on and
drain the energy.  It was reported as that and I had to buy another battery
which was just out of warranty.  Ann