Fuel leak --> fixed

Hello Fellow Listers,
	I just got back from my dealer where I got the rear hugger (RS) and the
Front Mud Guard Extension.  I also was there to get the fuel leak fixed and
I think we found an answer.  The tech. at my dealer (R&S Cycles) was nice
enough to let me watch, comment and get in the way while he worked.  When we
got the fuel sender (which I think may be the same in both the RS and ST
even though the RS is just a ?Oh Crap I?m Out of Fuel? light) Ron cut the
conduit covering the wires.  When he got to the fuel sender little chunks of
epoxy started to fall out.  If you rolled the conduit in your fingers a few
littlest pieces would flake out.  The new sender has epoxy about ¼ in down
the wires from the actual sender, it looks like someone is setting the tanks
on their bottom and cracking the ¼ in. of epoxy, this breaking the seal.
This is not the best description of what occurred so if anyone has any
questions email me back, maybe I can do some pictures or something, but in
the mean time make sure you don?t set your tanks down so that the wires are
getting creased where they leave the tank.

	I do like the hugger, I know its cheesy Carbon Fiber and not the real
thing, but it was much cheaper than others.  Should help keep the shock very
clean.  The front mud guard is not all that big, but I will find out when it
rains tomorrow how well it does, I guess every little bit helps.

David "Lost Dawg" Gaske
'00 Sprint RS (Yellow)
Fredericksburg, Va. USA