More boring safety stuff.

More boring safety stuff - Squids should delete.  To prevent other
riders from possibly getting smooshed I'll pass this along.  Since I
can't drive the car for the cager I actively try to avoid
putting myself in harms way by "driver profiling". In all seriousness,
things I tend to avoid:

1) Old men with hats.
2) Really dirty or dented cars.
3) Semi trucks - try NEVER to ride alongside for any period of time
other than to pass it.
4) Anything with a subwoofer
5) Minivans.
6) Women in SUVs
7) Anything showing a cell phone.

IMHO, all the above are best to be viewed in the rearview mirrors.

Finally, when passing a vehicle on the highway or a two laned road, I
focus on the car's front tire in relation to the white line, rather than
how close the car is to me.  The gap between the tire and white line is
a Faster and more accurate indication to me of the driver's lane
position.  If it gets thinner, it indicates that the car is possibly
changing lanes, and that I should speed up or slow down.

Robb
Robb@xxxxxxxxxxx

End of st-digest V2000 #178