Re: How to carry a bow

<AnnBonne@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> By the way, are you into re-enactment, Bill?  'combrog' dawg

I've been bit by a lot of bugs over the years, but not that one.  No, I just
like to challenge myself.  Got a bow in an unexpected manner.

My wife and daughter were on a European vacation, so I took my son to the
Toronto Sportsman's Show.  While there he stopped at a booth by some archery
company where you could try.  Well, he was 6 and I don't think he even hit
the target.  Then my son insisted I try.  Never tried before and had never
really been interested either.  But I wanted to make him happy.

After a few brief instructions I let fly and put one in the center of the
bulls eye.  OK, beginners luck.  Then I put 2 more in the bulls eye
practically on top of the first.  I left the show with a bow, 3 arrows, no
real knowlege of archery and no idea of what to do next.

I found a local club but they met only a few more times before adjourning
for the summer.  That summer I moved from Canada to Florida and my bow has
been in storage ever since.  What I don't know about archery could fill
several books and probably does.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"