Re: Throttle lock/cruise control with heated grips

Erik, et al-

I took the ThrottleMeister off my 98 Sprint Exec before selling it and used
that on the Sprint ST.  Did not use the friction sleeve.  I found I could
set up the washer/spacers so that it worked with the heated grips on, but
not off.  Alternately, I could set up the washer/spacers to work with the
heated grips off, but then they dragged a bit when the grips were on.  So I
took the ThrottleMeister off.

But it just dawned on me that I still have the throttle drag problem
without the ThrottleMeister.  The dealer said they'd take a look at that
when they do my 12k service next week.

To be honest, I prefer the thumb-switch style throttle locks and would like
to use one of those if anyone knew of one that works on the SST with heated
grips.  Barring that, however, I'll give the ThrottleMeister another shot.

Thanks for the O-ring suggestion but that just seems dangerous...not easily
disengaged in an emergency situation.

So if anyone has a thumb-switch style throttle lock with heated grips,
please let me know!!!