RE: tires for track day

>>I attended Reg Pridmore's Class riding school at Streets of Willow with my
'99 Sprint shod with its stock BT57's, and almost low-sided the first time I
leaned it over. This destroyed what little confidence I possessed, and
ruined
the rest of the day for me. TrumpetDave<<

Dave,

Sounds like you didn't let the tires warm up first! Did you lower the tire
pressure a little? Spend the first two laps gradually getting up to speed,
with no extreme lean angles? If not, I'm not surprised the tires slipped a
little on you. It would take a minimum of two laps, preferrably three before
I'd start hammering the ST around the track on stock tires. Hell, on most
tires.

I recently spent a day at the track with the stock BT57's. I lowered the
pressure to 30/30, took the first two laps slow for each session, and the
tires stuck like glue. Never had a problem. And I ground off both foot peg
feelers (really should have taken them off first), scraped the lower right
hand fairing, and yesterday just discovered while cleaning the bike that I
was hitting the kick stand. Sheez.

Anytime you start riding, let the tires warm up before pushing the corners.

Regards,
Brett