Stuart Mumford - top rack comments

Stuart:

Here's an excerpt from mail I received a few months ago from another
lister regarding installing the top rack only on a 00 ST.  FWIW, in a
further conversation with the owner, the installation caused another
problem. Seems that the seat would not fit properly after the top rack
was installed and the bodywork replaced.  In order to fix that problem,
additional or taller rubber spacers were needed.  I also understand that
the dealer has these spacers, and would include them in the price of a
dealer installation.

Since I don't own an ST I have no point of reference, but in an attempt
to assist you, here it is:

"... I installed just the top rack myself and by the end found myself
wishing that I'd just let the dealer do it. It took me about five hours,
but that included a trip to Sears for some tools, and a trip to the
hardware store for some new bolts (since Sears was out of one of the
sizes I needed). It's easier to install when you're doing the panniers
at the same time, though. I had the dealer install the panniers for me
because I didn't want to be drilling on my brand new bike."

Hope it helps.

Robb
Robb@xxxxxxxxxxx
94 VFR750 (ST prototype!)