Michelin Pilots - temperature sensitive

These Michelin Pilots do have good grip but I didn't expect them to change
so much due to temperature changes.

I had spent a day riding and tuning in the bike for fast 2up riding with my
girlfriend last Saturday. The final adjustments allowed us to take 100mph +
curves. We were very happy to find the correct setup. We really had a ball
using up every inch of the rubber! Today, while out with friends, the back
end wasn't able to hold a line at the same speeds that we were doing last
Saturday. The rear was constantly getting all squirley on us! I checked the
settings and the tire pressures and everything was the same as last
Saturday. The only difference I can find is that it was approx. 10 degrees
colder today. Can that be the reason for the instability? We had almost no
instability at all, Saturday.

Is this the nature of softer tires? I had BT57s and Michelin Macadams before
(I never did get them up to 100mph in the turns). But due to a nail in my
rear tire, I had to switch over to Michelin Pilots. It was the only thing
they had in my size. So I'm giving it a try.

Is this what they mean when they talk about track and ambient air
temperatures affecting tire performance?

As you can see, these are my first pair of soft  ....... ahhhhh ......
softer tires.

Kyle
Stockholm Sweden
99 ST "Black Widow"