Free play in rear wheel

A little while back I posted a message about the free play in my rear wheel.
Well the ST had her 18000 mile service yesterday and the dealer checked the
amount of play.
He explained that there are two very large needle roller bearings in the
rear wheel hub and that it is normal to be able to detect some free play.

I understand what he is saying but it just dosen't feel right to have any
free play in the wheels.
I will just keep riding and see what happens, hey it's all covered by
warranty anyway.

Regards, Ian
Kent, England