re: Vanson perf jacket

>  From: Otterboy <jong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 04/27/2000 14:22:
>    I'm very interested.  I've got a First Gear Ranger, and it is HOT on
>  warm days here in Seattle, and I've been thinking of switching to one
>  of the Vanson perf jackets.
>
>  -jong

	My wife and I both have the Vanson full-perf jackets. She wears hers
without armor and I have the elbow/forearm and shoulder armor, but not the
spine. They are much cooler than any vents could ever be. If you're not moving
and there's no breeze, you're still cookin', of course, but any breeze or
movement at all and you're feelin' great! It gets a bit toasty down here in
Houston: upper 90's F (upper 30's C) with near 100% humidity, and it's the best
I've found. Michelle (the beloved wife of 8 years) went down in hers and it
held together fine. Not even a scratch, just rinsing off, even though her
helmet had to be replaced. My jacket also has the reflective shoulder patches
and piping at the seams, which is VERY reflective. It's adds about $50 to the
price, but I felt it was worth it as I ride after dark a lot commuting on the
Super Triumph. I also opted for the two-tone with grey top and black lower
section. I was impatient and had it shipped next day, pushing the price up to
almost $700 USD.

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	Spring, Texas, USA
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"