RE: Remapping Computer

At 08:59 PM 4/27/00 -0700, Martin Retherford wrote:
>Eric,
>         I would imagine the difference to be a cam issue, what do you think?
>         Anybody got specs on the cams used in the ST/RS/Speed3 versus the
> Daytona?

Not sure about the actual numbers, but have some general info: In addition
to the cam difference, there are also different liners, pistons and con
rods. The Daytona pistons and rods are designed to cope with higher revs.

The the valve cut-outs on the ST pistons are not as deep as the Daytona
pistons. There is the possibility that they may not give enough clearance
to the valves if you went with the Daytona cams. I don't know of anyone
that has swapped them, so I can't say with certainty that it will or will
not work.

- - Eric