Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 18:11:52 -0700
From: "Michael Judkins" <mjudkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Oil Pressure ?

Hello,
I'm new to this list as I just purchased a 2000 Sprint ST in stylish, yet
reserved, blue. After riding Ducatis for years, I think this is the bike
I've been waiting for; smooth, powerful, and well mannered. I'm having an
problem however, that perhaps others have encountered ? After my initial
jaunt on the freeway (now at normal operating temp) taking it home I noticed
my oil pressure light flickering and then full-on at idle - and only at
idle. It gave me quite a start so I took it back to the dealer who
checked the oil pressure at idle (5 psi) and revved up a bit (40 psi). He
said this often happens and is due to the combination of the break in oil
and a not 100% precise oil sender, not to worry about it, and that it will
be Ok after they change the break in oil. Well, I'm new to Triumphs but I
fly aircraft for a living and take warnings of this nature very seriously.
Should escalate this further or take the advice ?