Re: Another reason to Love my ST.

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Frank Foster wrote:

> As an owner of both makes, I have to put in my two cents.
>
> I've got the ST as well as a '92 FLHS. Bottom line is different bikes -
>
> 1. In my opinion, it's ridiculous to do more than a cam and carb mods to a
> Harley unless it runs on nitromethane.

I find quite funny to watch American Thunder or talk to a couple
of the guys around Dallas. The number of people who have bought a
$10,000+ Harley, then put $1000's of dollars into it, including
air shifters, carbs, cams, bore kits, frame modifications, etc.
And then you see the American Thunder host proclaim with great
pride, and the top speed was 152 MPH. Or my favorite down here in
Dallas who has all those mods plus nitrous. and proclaims that he
now has a low 11 S 1/4. Both of which my bike will beat stock, even
with my un-aerodynamic ass on it, got rice? And I do not even have
a ZX12r, which with an after market pipe and a small resistor in
line with the temperature sensor produces damn near 190Hp, at the
rear window for geds sake.

You have to take each bike for it is good at, look at what you want
out of a bike, then make your decision. Looks like Frank got it
dead on! Personally I am going to skip the Harley and get a Roadster,
but then again I love cages as well as bikes, so sue me.

> 2. Buddy of mine (Harley nut) fell victim to the s**t eatin' grin syndrome
> after a half hour on the ST.

Bill, what do you think? Simular?

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664