Re: Tires (was Re: Taller Windscreen?)

At 07:52 PM 8/1/00 -0400, Jconne6305@xxxxxx wrote:
>what is the general opinion on the safety of putting different brands of
>tires front and back on the sprint?  the stock tire is getting trashed and i
>would like to replace  tia

Well, tire manufacturers tell you that it is a big no-no, but I know plenty
of people that run different tires front and back without issue. However,
my personal preference is to stay with matched sets. I like knowing that
the front tire that I am running has been extensively tested with the rear
that I am running versus being the "test pilot". As for comments on the
different brands being run by listers currently, check out the tyre FAQ on
the ST page.

- - Eric