Re: st-digest V2000 #390

In a message dated 8/4/00 12:56:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Mike Johnson
writes:

> I was priced $175.00 for a seat cowl for my '00 blue ST.  Does this sound
>  reasonable???  Seems a little high to me for a molded piece of painted
>  fiberglass.

If you knew what your dealer was paying for that piece of molded plastic (I
do), you would probably offer him MORE than the $175 msrp that he is asking
if you are interested in keeping him in the Triumph business.

Triumph factory has recently invested in equipment and tooling that may allow
some dramatic improvements in both quality and affordability of bodywork, but
for now let's just say that the dealer that wants $175 for that tail cover is
NOT ripping you off.  Truth to tell, it is one of the SHORTEST margin items
in his store, which is why he will likely have to special order it for you.

Road Dawg