Re: Tie downs

For the securing of the bike on a trailer, I put a strap on each
side through the upper hole in the front fairing and hook it to
the chasis.  There is a piece of metal that looks like a "y"
right in that hole that a hook fits around very easily.  I then
hook the other side straight out to the rails on my trailer
which are about 1 foot up off the bed so they don't rub the
fairings.  This holds the bike straight up.  I then put a strap
on each of the passenger pegs and run then forward a bit, this
keeps the bike pulled forward.  I also bent 4 pieces of aluminum
to go on both sides of each tire.  All this allows to hold the
bike very securely with very little stress on the suspension.
Just the way I like do it.

Donny

'00 ST
'83 Kawasaki Spectre
* Only riders know why dogs like to stick their heads out the
wingow *