Re: New exhaust

Based entirely upon heresay (via this email list), I believe that the
performance and sound of either flavour of the 'sport' or performance
exhaust to be identical.

The only difference is the look (one is covered in carbon fibre and the
other retains the same stainless finish as the stock item).  As for the
performance diffence between the stock exhaust and the 'sport' exhaust
systems, I believe the improvement to be marginal at best.  I'm sure there
will be those that disagree, but I believe that, for the most part, they
WANT to feel a big improvement, so that's what they tend to report.  There
will also be those that claim that the 'sport' exhaust upgrade actually
fixes problems with the stock tune.  To those I would suggest that there is
more likely to be something else wrong with their bike (perhaps something
that the mechanic has either failed to identify or is unable to rectify).

Not many have the luxury of before and after dyno comparisons.  Most of the
one's I've seen don't really justify the expense of the modification, but of
course that is just my opinion.  But if you factor in the looks (assuming
you like the look of carbon fibre) and the sound (your neighbours may
cringe), then the modification is easily rationailized.  While I don't mind
the look of carbon fibre in general, I think the stainless can will look
better on my black ST.

BTW, don't forget to have your dealer download the performance tune (even if
you end up choosing a third-party exhaust system rather than the Triumph
upgrade).

Regards,
Neil Lindsey
'99 Black ST